Fun and Recreation
- Popular local events include the Russell County Fair and Horseshow (Castlewood, Va.), Honaker Redbud Festival, Clinch River Days Festival (St. Paul, Va.) and our own Lebanon Independence Day Celebration.
- Six community parks are nearby, and the Lake Bonaventure Golf and Country Club in Castlewood offers a 9-hole golf course, swimming and 35-acre lake for boating and fishing. Laurel Bed Lake in nearby Saltville, part of the Clinch Mountain Wildlife Area, also provides excellent trout fishing.
- Our Clinch River is a popular site for boating, ranked #1 river in the country by The Nature Conservancy for environmental diversity and significance.
- Other outdoor opportunities are available at the Clinch Mountain Wildlife Area, Pinnacle Natural Area Reserve, Breaks Interstate Park, Mount Rogers National Recreation Area and Natural Tunnel State Park.
- We’re also just a short drive to Bristol Motor Speedway (Bristol, Tenn.), which hosts two of NASCAR’s most exciting stock care races each year.
Other helpful links:
More information about regional attractions: