Frequently Asked Questions

Click the question to view the answer.

A: Customers can pay their bill online, by mail, or at the Town Hall.  There is a dropbox located in the customer parking lot at the Town Hall for drop-off payments or cash, checks, and money orders are accepted in the Town Hall.  We do not accept debit or credit cards at this time.
A: Utility bills are emailed or mailed by the 5th of each month and are due by the 21st of each month.  The Town Hall is not responsible for lost or misguided mail.  Customers are responsible for obtaining their balance each month.
A: The Town Hall is located at 405 West Main Street at the intersection of Main Street and Route 82 (Cleveland Road).  It is a brick building with a green metal roof.
A: Holiday Garbage Collection:
Single Day - collected next work day;
Fri & Mon - collected Thurs & Tues;
Thurs & Fri - collected Wed & Mon;
Mon & Tues - collected Wed;
Subject to Weather Conditions.
A: The Town Hall does not accept debit or credit cards at this time, although we now offer online bill pay.  Please contact the Town Hall for more information. You can access the online bill pay here.
A: Utility accounts in default are disconnected the third Monday of each month. In order to avoid disconnection, customers must pay delinquent amounts by 9:00 A.M. on the day of disconnect.
A: Yes. The Town has two community rooms available for rent. These rooms are located behind the Town Hall and are subject to availability. Please contact the Town Hall for more information and availability.
A: The Town offers our customers a one-time adjustment for water leaks.  Customer must fill out a disputed-claim form at the Town Hall and understand that if an additional leak or high water bill occur within the next twelve months, the customer will be responsible for all charges.
A: Town taxes are mailed each year in November and are due by December 12th. Vehicle decals are also due by December 12th.
A: The Town Hall and Police Department share a building at 405 West Main Street.  The Police Department can be accessed by ringing the door bell at the side door entrance.  The Police Department can be reached by calling 276-889-7227 or in case of an emergency by dialing 911.
A: Shelters are subject to availability and can be reserved by contacting the Town Hall.  A reservation permit must be obtained from the Town Hall and posted on the rented shelter on the day of your reservation. Please contact the Town Hall for availability.